- Research Professor of International Affairs; Associate Director, Sigur Center for Asian Studies
- Suite 503 Elliott School of International Affairs
- [email protected]
Areas of Expertise
Asian regional security; comparative politics of South Asia; identity politics in the international system; nuclear nonproliferation; terrorism
Deepa Ollapally is directing a major research project on power and identity and the worldviews of rising and aspiring powers in Asia and Eurasia. Her research focuses on domestic foreign policy debates in India and its implications for regional security and global leadership of the U.S.
Dr. Ollapally has received major grants from the Carnegie Corporation, MacArthur Foundation, Ford Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation and the Asia Foundation for projects related to India and Asia.
She is a frequent commentator in the media, including appearances on CNN, BBC, CBS, Reuters TV and the Diane Rehm Show.
Ph.D., Columbia University
- Worldviews of Aspiring Powers, co-editor, Oxford University Press, 2012
- The Politics of Extremism in South Asia, Cambridge University Press, 2008
Dr. Ollapally has published in journals such as Foreign Affairs, Asian Survey, Political Science Quarterly and The National Interest.
IAFF 6318 Special Topics in Asian Studies
- International Relations of South Asia
- Geopolitics of South Asia