Students are at the heart of the Elliott School mission. As we educate and train the next generation of international leaders, we also strive to provide opportunities for scholarship and knowledge-building within the field. Our location in the center of Washington, D.C., offers incomparable benefits, and our powerful network of connections spans both the academic and policy community. Our students enhance their professional education through jobs and internships in the public, private and nonprofit sectors as they equip themselves to make the world a better place.
I always knew that I could learn new things about the industry through working and learning on my own, but the knowledge I gained through interacting with active practitioners inside and outside the classroom prepared me for the challenges and experiences I face daily in my professional life.
M.A. International Science and Technology Policy '21
All Elliott School programs (M.A., M.I.P.P., M.I.S., and graduate certificates) offer fall and spring* admission.
*Please note that spring applicants to the M.A. in International Development Studies, M.A. in International Science and Technology Studies, and M.A. in Middle East Studies programs must agree to complete the program over five semesters instead of four. This excludes summer sessions.
Fall Admission (August Start)
- November 1st: Early Notification Deadline
- Receive Admissions Decision by January 1
- All application materials must be received by the November 1st deadline in order to be considered for Early Notification and fellowships. Applications that are submitted but incomplete by November 1 will be considered for regular decision.
- January 7th: Fellowship Consideration Deadline
- Receive Admissions Decision by mid-March
- Applications for admission will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis after the Fellowship Consideration deadline has passed, but students will not be considered for fellowships.
Spring Admission (January Start)
- October 1st: Fellowship Consideration Deadline
- Receive Admissions Decision by mid-November
- Applications for admission will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis after the Fellowship Consideration Deadline has passed, but students will not be considered for fellowships.
Incoming 2021 Class By the Numbers
310 Enrolling Students
The Elliott School By The Numbers
Graduate Programs &
3 Certificate Programs
Graduates Employed or Seeking Further Education*
Alumni in 100+ Countries
International Exchange Program Partners
*Data based on the class of 2021. Review the full Graduate Employment Survey.
Graduate Admissions Blog
The Graduate Admissions blog highlights students, alumni, and faculty of programs across the Elliott School as part of our effort to provide as much information and support as possible to students who are researching and applying to graduate programs.