Are you ready to make a global impact?
Whether you are just starting your career and looking to develop your expertise or you are aiming to leverage your years of experience towards greater advancement or a career change, a graduate program at the Elliott School offers the advantage you're looking for. Our campus in the heart of Washington, D.C. grants you access to top employers, global leaders, government agencies, and international organizations. Leverage our network while you build your own through events, internships, and jobs in the constantly evolving field of international affairs. Most importantly, build the skills, knowledge, and expertise you need to make an impact on the global issues that matter most to you.
With the diverse opportunities available within the field of international affairs, Elliott School graduates go on to careers in the public, private, and non-profit sectors, both in the U.S. and abroad. 95.1% of graduates are employed or pursuing further education within 6 months of graduation. Learn more about career outcomes by reviewing our Graduate Employment Survey.
All Elliott School programs (M.A., M.I.P.P., M.I.S., and graduate certificates) offer fall and spring* admission.
*Please note that spring applicants to the M.A. in International Development Studies, M.A. in International Science and Technology Studies, and M.A. in Middle East Studies programs must agree to complete the program over five semesters instead of four. This excludes summer sessions.
Fall Admission (August Start)
- November 1st: Early Notification and Bachelor's/Master's Combined Program Deadline
- Receive Admissions Decision by January 1
All application materials must be received by the November 1st deadline in order to be considered for Early Notification and fellowships. Applications that are submitted but incomplete by November 1 will be considered for regular decision.
- January 7th: Fellowship Consideration Deadline
- Receive Admissions Decision by mid-March
Applications for admissions will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis after the Fellowship Consideration Deadline has passed, but students will not be considered for fellowships.
Spring Admission (January Start)
- October 1st: Fellowship Consideration Deadline
- Receive Admissions Decision by mid-November
- Applications for admission will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis after the Fellowship Consideration Deadline.
- While preference in awarding fellowships will be given to applicants who meet the October 1 Fellowship Consideration Deadline, applicants applying after the deadline may be considered for fellowship funding based on availability.
Incoming 2022 Class By the Numbers
263 Enrolling Students
The Elliott School By The Numbers
Graduate Programs &
3 Certificate Programs
Graduates Employed or Seeking Further Education*
Alumni in 113+ Countries
International Exchange Program Partners
*Data based on the class of 2022. Review the full Graduate Employment Survey.
Graduate Admissions Blog
The Graduate Admissions blog highlights students, alumni, and faculty of programs across the Elliott School as part of our effort to provide as much information and support as possible to students who are researching and applying to graduate programs.