Graduate Student Career Development (GSCD) career coaches are available to work with you in person, over the phone, and/or through virtual meetings with WebEx. Typical sessions include assistance with:
- Clarification of career goals
- Resume/cover letter critique
- Networking tips
- Job & internship search strategies
- Compensation negotiation assistance
- Job & internship advice for international students
- Career coaching for mid-career professionals
Professional Development Action Plan (PDAP)
The PDAP is required for all students regardless of academic program. The PDAP provides an opportunity to map out a career plan for the duration of the graduate program. Specifically, the PDAP:
- Asks you to reflect on current skills/interests/abilities, what you would like to improve while you are at the Elliott School, and what actions you will take to do this.
- Focuses on school and work experience COMBINED.
We strongly encourage that you discuss your PDAP with a career coach.
Graduation Regalia Drive
Every year, Graduate Student Career Development invites students to donate their gently used cap, gown, and or hood in exchange for a tax deductible donation. Donations can be mailed or dropped off at the office during normal business hours and the regalia donation form can be found in the GWork document library. For any questions, please contact our office at 202-994-3788 or email us at email@example.com.
Elliott School Student Business Cards
Graduate Student Career Development offers Elliott School Business Cards to all new and continuing graduate students and alumni. Boxes come with 250 cards for $20. To order your business cards, come into our office or check out the document library in GWork under ‘ESIA Business Cards’. Be sure to stop by our office to make your payment using Visa or Mastercard. Payments must be received before orders are sent to print.