Robert J. Weiner
- Professor of International Business, Public Policy and Public Administration, and International Affairs; Director, M.A. Program in International Trade and Investment Policy
- 501 A Elliott School of International Affairs
- [email protected]
Areas of Expertise
Political economy of energy security; oil & conflict; energy crises; resource nationalism; and US-Chinese competition for oil
Dr. Robert J. Weiner teaches international finance, economics, and strategy. He is concurrently Associate Director of GEFRI (Global and Entrepreneurial Finance Research Institute), a GW chartered research center, and Membre Associe, GREEN (Groupe de Recherche en Economie de l'Energie et des Ressources Naturelles), Departement d'economique, Universite Laval, Quebec. He received his PhD in 1986, and has been at GW since 1994, serving as Chairman of the International Business Department from 2001-2005.
Ph.D., Harvard University
- "Who Bribes?: Evidence from the UN Oil-for-Food Program" (with Y. Jeong), Strategic Management Journal, 2012.
- "Conflict and Corruption in International Trade: Who Helped Iraq United Nations Sanctions?" (with Y. Jeong), in International Handbook on the Economics of Corruption, Volume Two (S. Rose-Ackerman and T. Søreide, eds.), Edward Elgar, 2011.
- "Resource Nationalism Meets the Market: Political Risk and the Value of Petroleum Reserves" (with R. Click), Journal of International Business Studies, 41:5, June/July 2010.
- "How do International Crises Affect Trade in Oil?," Resources 162, Summer 2006.
- "Speculation in International Crises: Report from the Gulf," Journal of International Business Studies (2005) 36, 576–587. doi:10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8400158.
IBUS 267 Privatization and Public-Private Partnerships (summer session)
IBUS 6301 International Business Finance
IBUS 6306 Seminar: International Financial Markets
IBUS 6307 International Portfolio Management
IBUS 6297 Business and the State: Privatization and Public-Private Partnerships (Study Abroad in London)
MBAD 6241 Global Perspectives