Goal 1 - Build a Supportive Culture and Community
- Restructure Council on Diversity and Inclusion to include more student representation.
- Identify student leadership opportunities.
- Establish funding and criteria to support diversity-related programming and research activities for faculty, student organizations, departments, research centers, and institutes.
- Continue to implement and monitor events policy.
- Conduct focus groups with staff to better understand concerns derived from the climate survey.
- Implement a diversity and inclusion recognition initiative.
- Respond to focus group findings and climate survey results by developing educational programs and initiatives focused on diversity and inclusion for students, faculty, and staff.
- Implement an annual school-wide diversity symposium.
- Establish a Diverse Perspectives in International Affairs Series.
- Collect and review data from course evaluations.
Goal 2 - Diversify Our Demographics
- Engage in community outreach to ethnically and socioeconomically diverse K-12 schools.
- Continue partnership with the Public Policy and International Affairs Program (PPIA) and host Public Service Weekend (PSW) and International Affairs Summer Immersion Program for underrepresented undergraduate students.
- Establish fellowships for participants completing these programs and enrolling at the Elliott School.
- Explore opportunities for partnership with the Charles B. Rangel International Affairs and Thomas R. Pickering Fellowship Programs.
- Establish partnerships with Minority Serving Institutions including Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs).
- Enhance the faculty and staff search process.
- Provide training to assist hiring managers and search committee chairs in the recruitment and selection process.
- Develop guidance to integrate diversity and inclusion into position descriptions and the interview process.
Goal 3 - Expand Our Resource Base to Support Our Diversity and Inclusion Plan
- Identify resources needed to support and actualize the short and long term diversity planning efforts of the school.
- Identify and leverage existing resources at the University.
- Hire Diversity Program Manager.
Goal 4 - Develop a Communications Plan to Reflect the Elliott School's Ongoing Diversity and Inclusion Efforts
- Enhance the school’s diversity website.
- Establish a newsletter that highlights accomplishments and members of our diverse community.