Graduate Academic Programs

Preparing world leaders of tomorrow

Our graduate programs combine rigorous coursework and professional training to provide students the knowledge and perspectives needed to make a difference in the world. Through our programs, students gain expertise in world regions and important contemporary issues — ranging from war to rising levels of resource consumption to the expansion of the global economy to mounting environmental challenges — that will shape the world in decades ahead.

As a result, the Elliott School prepares graduate students each year for meaningful international affairs careers.

Master of Arts Programs:

Special Master's Programs:

Graduate Certificates:

Our graduate certificate programs give students the opportunity to study international affairs topics outside their chosen fields. Students enrich their academic programs with an in-depth exploration of today's most relevant global issues. US Citizens may apply for a stand-alone graduate certificate. Graduate certificates are not eligible for Visa applications.

Learn More

brochure cover: Elliott School Graduate Programs

Request Info

Contact Graduate Admissions

Office of Graduate Admissions

The Elliott School of International Affairs
The George Washington University
1957 E Street, NW, Suite 301
Washington, DC 20052

Phone: (202) 994-7050
Email: [email protected]

Join us for Online Office Hours!
Tuesdays & Thursdays 9 a.m.-12p.m. & 1-5 p.m.