- Associate Research Professor of International Affairs
- Institute for European and Eurasian Studies
- [email protected]
Areas of Expertise
(1) EU (2) NATO (3) Development aid (4) Crisis management.
Dr. Erwan Lagadec is Associate Research Professor at the Institute for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies (IERES), where he leads Elliott School programs on EU and NATO affairs. He is also a nonresident senior Fellow at the Atlantic Council; a Visiting Professor at Duke University's Sanford School of Public Policy; a nonresident fellow at France's Saint-Cyr Military Academy; and an officer in the French Navy Reserve (he holds French and U.S. citizenships). He was previously affiliated with Tufts University's Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy; University of Virginia-Charlottesville; Tulane University; Harvard University; MIT; the Center for Transatlantic Relations at Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies; and the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. He holds a D.Phil. in History from the University of Oxford.
(1) Transatlantic relations in a time of transition (2) NATO projecting stability (3) Sub-national transatlantic relations (4) Politics of aid
D.Phil., University of Oxford
Transatlantic Relations in the 21st Century: Europe, America, and the Rise of the Rest (Routledge, 2012)
(1) NATO's Strategic Challenges (2) Western responses to Putin's foreign policy (3) Europe: domestic & international interactions (4) Politics of development and humanitarian aid.