Roy Richard Grinker
- Professor of Anthropology, International Affairs, and Human Sciences
- 501 J Elliott School of International Affairs
- [email protected]
Areas of Expertise
Ethnicity and nationalism, Autism, Cross-cultural psychiatry, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Korea
Professor Grinker received his B.A. in anthropology from Grinnell College, and his M.A. and Ph.D. in anthropology from Harvard University. He has served on the faculties of Harvard University, Carleton College, and The George Washington University, and was a senior Asian Fellow at the Atlantic Council of the United States in Washington, D.C. from 1996-1998.
Ph.D., Harvard University
- 2010. Grinker, R., S. Lubkemann, and C.B. Steiner, eds. Perspectives on Africa: A Reader in Culture, History and Representation. 2nd ed. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell.
- 2007. Grinker, R. Unstrange Minds: Remapping the World of Autism. NY: Basic Books.
- 2000. Grinker, R. In the Arms of Africa: The Life of Colin M. Turnbull. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 1998. Grinker, R. Korea and its Futures: Unification and the Unfinished War. NY: St. Martin's Press.
- 1994. Grinker, R. Houses in the Rainforest: Ethnicity and Inequality among Farmers and Foragers in Central Africa.Los Angeles: University of California Press.