Diversity & Inclusion Events
Featured Past Events
- Elliott School's Community Building Committee hosted a gender sensitivity workshop for staff and faculty, led by GEIA Gender Expert Instructor Andrea Bertone on December 5, 2018
- The Elliott School became an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity.
- Completed focus groups with students and faculty as a follow-up to the school climate survey.
- Hosted a gender sensitivity workshop for faculty and staff on December 5, 2018.
- Hosted unconscious bias training for faculty and staff on May 29 and June 12, 2019.
- Received approval to convert a single-gender restroom in the building to one that is gender-neutral.
- Partnered with Public Policy and International Affairs (PPIA) Program and the Trachtenberg School to host Public Service Weekend. This program provides underrepresented students an opportunity to learn more about domestic and international public service careers as well as strategies for applying to graduate school. This summer, July 26-28, we hosted 50 students.
- Hosted and sponsored the Department of State’s Annual Historically Black College and Universities Foreign Policy Conference which included an Elliott School reception following the event.
- Designed a class session to discuss and explore student identities in the course, IAFF 1001-First Year Experience.
- Sponsored the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs' (APSIA) Diversity Programming.
- Worked with Public Affairs to develop and implement guidelines for planning inclusive events that will be integrated into Public Affairs’ Event Training and Training Guide, beginning Fall 2019
- Included a question on course evaluations related to diversity and inclusion
- East Asia National Resource Center partnered with District of Columbia Public Schools, Fairfax County Public Schools, and Montgomery County Public Schools for their summer teacher workshops by providing informational and curriculum development sessions.