Internships and Employment Opportunities
Internships and co-ops provide students with hands-on skills, practical experience, valuable contacts, and a competitive edge in the job market. The vast majority of graduate students at the Elliott School participate in internships, co-ops, part-time, or full-time jobs while enrolled in the School.
Each semester we grant modest stipends, on a competitive basis, to currently enrolled graduate students who participate in approved, non-salaried internships.
The Latin American and Hemispheric Studies Program places great emphasis on student and alumni employment. The Elliott School of International Affairs is conveniently located to provide the best job and internship opportunities to students, and many of the program alumni continue to work around the area of the university.
Current LAHSP Jobs:
A look at the positions filled by the Class of 2012
- The State Depaertment, Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs
- Inter-American Foundation
- USDA, Forest Service
- Department of Homeland Security
- Inter-American Development Bank
- Organization of American States
- Treasury Department, Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Pan American Health Organization - World Health Organization
- World Justice Project
- Rights and Resources Initiative
- National Endowment for Democracy
- Presidential Management Fellows
- International Justice Mission
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production